Hey guys, welcome back! In today’s post I’m going to be sharing with you some of my top drugstore foundations.
As a beginner it’s hard to decipher the good from the bad. Everything in the drugstore is wrapped up in pretty packaging screaming “Buy me, I’m only $3!” While that may sound like a great steal, that’s not always the case. You have to be really careful when you’re choosing your foundation. You want it to be right for you. You also have to understand that everyone’s skin is different . Some products just won’t work for you and that’s okay.
Below I have three foundations that I believe are top of the line. You can find all of these products at your local drugstore, and you won’t spend more than $10.
Covergirl Advanced Radiance Foundation:This foundation is my personal favorite. I have been using it for about 3 years now, and I have no intentions of stopping.
- It contains SPF which is essential in your skin care routine. Protecting your face from the sun is one of the most important things you can do. Having the SPF in your foundation can eliminate an extra step in your makeup routine.
- It has a pump applicator which makes it much easier to regulate how much product comes out. There’s nothing worse than pouring the entire bottle onto your hand ( Trust me, I’ve done it)!
- It’s medium-full coverage, and feels very light on the skin.
Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation:I’m sure you’ve all heard of Covergirl’s newest foundation, “Ready Set Gorgeous.” Well I’m here to talk about it some more!
- First and foremost, can we just take a look at the adorable packaging?! I mean come on, who wouldn’t want to buy that?
- Very light weight; perfect for the summer
- Medium coverage which is great for Middle Schoolers. You don’t want to cake the makeup on when you’re that young. If you have trouble with acne, heavy foundations can clog your pores and cause even more break outs.
- The applicator is a squeezey tube ( I know that was grammatically incorrect, but I couldn’t think of a better way to describe it)!
- It doesn’t feel oily on your skin
- It’s long lasting
L’oreal Truematch Foundation:This foundation was raved about on Youtube for the longest time. I finally had to see what all the hype was about so I went out and purchased it. Boy am I glad I did!
- Flawless coverage
- Several shades to choose from for each individual skin type
- The applicator isn’t necessarily “kid friendly,” so be careful when pouring the product out.
- Medium-Full coverage; feels very light on the skin
- Long lasting
Remember, makeup isn’t meant to mask your imperfections. If you’re doing it right, it should only enhance your natural beauty!
I hope this post helped some of you who are venturing out into the makeup world for the first time. I know how intimidating it can be.
For that reason, I decided to do a whole Beginner Series on my blog. I will be sharing some of my favorite makeup products as well as showing you how to properly clean your makeup brushes. I will also share my skincare routine and do a Makeup Tutorial for Middle Schoolers on my Youtube channel. If you want to see that be sure to subscribe to my channel here!
Thank you guys so much for stopping by!